» » Why I have committed 10 years of my life to the ALSCON ownership battle - Dr Jaja

Author: john on 22-12-2013, 08:14, views: 2 789

Dr Reuben Jaja, is the Chief Executive Officer, BFI Group Corporation. On December 3, the corporation once again obtained judgment at the Supreme Court of Nigeria as the rightful owner of ALSCON, the aluminum manufacturing plant in Akwa Ibom State. In this interview, Jaja speaks on his dreams for the plant and how BFG intends to create over 2400 jobs there.

The Supreme Court has once again affirmed your ownership of the Aluminium Smelter plant in Akwa Ibom State. So how do you resolve the controversial Share Purchase Agreement with the Bureau of Public Enterprise?

We have a share purchase agreement that has been negotiated. We have executed it and we have given it to the BPE, which they have not signed. We are now going to court to compel them to sign. The BPE, on October 8 this year, gave us a 58-page document which stated the purchase price as $250 million. We accepted and returned it.
They acknowledged it, sent us letters and we discussed it. There are documents to that effect. As far as we are concerned, that share purchase agreement that they sent to us is the mutually agreed share purchase agreement and the court should compel them to execute this agreement.

What is the physical state of ALSCON now?

Between when we first got judgment and now, there has been absolute vandalisation of the plant. We have seen the host community of ALSCON intercepting truckloads of vandalised items and things stolen from the plant. We have had local engineers as well as the workers union there complaining bitterly about the vandalised accessories. We intercepted the transfer of ALSCON tanks to a neighbouring company and forced it back. They gave us reasons that made no sense. We see this as a conscious effort to strip the plant and sell all parts to whoever is ready to buy. The Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly even passed a resolution begging the federal government to come and rescue the plant.

Even at the Supreme Court, the justices advised us to enforce retrieval fast, otherwise we would be taking over a complete carcass.

What is your dream for ALSCON?

My dream is to see ALSCON as the main aluminum company on the African continent and number one in 2020.

We plan to run an aluminium plant that will truly propel Nigeria into the global age, that is so diversified and is the support base of Niger Delta’s industrial development and one that would boost environmental issues arising from hydrocarbon in the region by way of using gas to support aluminum production and end-products. We hope to run a plant that will broaden employment by creating jobs for the teeming population of the Niger Delta area.

We will run a plant that will produce products with a unique Nigerian brand, and yet of world-class standard that we will all be proud of. What we should understand is that no foreigner will do these for us; no country can do it for us.

The Russians have made ALSCON part of their aluminium production around the world. Basically they have taken our aluminium manufacturing facility, add it to their own economic flag and then produce at their own will under their flag. Why must we be the one to build our facility and allow them use it to improve their prestige and establish their image around the globe? Why can’t we have our own plant, run by us to compete against others and then create our own reputation as world-class aluminium producers? That is why I have invested 10 years of my life pursuing this project.

The plant is supposed to hire about 2400 people. We know that the staff strength should grow and this is something that is very important. I am far more interested in getting our youth to be employed; job creation is my number one goal, because that is where I come from. I know the challenges there. My involvement in ALSCON is designed to see what we can do to broaden the employment base in Akwa Ibom. So I will measure my performance based on the number of people we employ. We will take the best and the brightest. Our goal is to make sure that we have a place that any young child who has competence in the area we need him will never wander in the street.

What are your feelings towards the BPE, a major factor in the protracted litigation on the ALSCON case?

I wish to appeal to the Vice President because he is the head of the National Council on Privatisation. There is a constitutional obligation on his part to run the NCP and ensure that all those involved are given fair treatment - and I can assure you that I was not given one. I appeal to him to please use his good office and resolve this. Give us a fair chance because what has happened in ALSON is ugly to any Nigerian. There is a 58-page share purchase agreement that we are begging them to sign. That is what they gave to the Russians to sign - to my detriment.

скачать dle 11.1смотреть фильмы бесплатно

Category: News

Dear visitor, you are browsing our website as Guest.
We strongly recommend you to register and login to view hidden contents.
  • Articles: 0
  • Comments: 90
15 October 2017 19:06

sirking79

• Register: 15.10.2017
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Excellent and very  exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking..Questions to ask your girlfriend

• Comments: 1
30 December 2017 22:41

Kim

• Register: 30.12.2017

我非常感謝Jaja博士為此做了十年,他確實贏得了我的尊重 代写essay。  他的工作非常出色,贏得了大家的尊重。 Jaja博士繼續做這麼好的工作。

• Comments: 101
26 January 2018 17:02

Robinjack

• Register: 11.09.2017
  • Status: Currently Offlline

I might want to say this site truly persuaded me to do it! Much obliged, great post. santa letters

Every one of the substance you specified in post is too great and can be extremely valuable. I will remember it, a debt of gratitude is in order for sharing the data continue redesigning, looking forward for more posts.Thanks internet marketing company

I'm happy to see the colossal point of interest here!. where can i buy forskolin supplement

• Comments: 101
31 January 2018 19:11

Robinjack

• Register: 11.09.2017
  • Status: Currently Offlline

This is  truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to  reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.  hotels in tel aviv

• Comments: 24
9 March 2018 13:57

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

I love you for telling us your story here. With this story, I will be able to complete my paper. That's fabulous for me! Business card access control installation ny

• Comments: 24
14 March 2018 15:16

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's because of people like you that we can live our lives safely. We learn from your mistakes and we don't commit those mistakes. بهترین  وکیل تهران

• Comments: 24
17 March 2018 18:13

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Well done on this, my friend! I am certainly pleased with you work here. voyant  par telephone

• Comments: 24
18 March 2018 11:27

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

I don't say this often but this is world class work. I salute the person who has able to gather all of this data here. Parking Lot Surveillance Camera System

• Comments: 24
24 March 2018 16:34

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

This experience will help me solve my problems. That's why I always say it's vital that people share their experiences on blogs. auto maquiagem passo a passo

• Comments: 24
25 March 2018 09:22

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Thanks, mate! Now that I know about your experience here, I can put it into effect and not do the same mistakes you did. Cheers! voyance  telephone

• Comments: 24
28 March 2018 16:13

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Yeah, this is great to know, man! I wonder if you have some more information realting the ownership issue? If yes, then you must tell us. Photo pendant

• Comments: 24
31 March 2018 17:31

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Good to learn about your battle, Dr Jaja. I think it was vital that you shared this with us today. Majority of the readers of this post agree with me. oaf training

• Comments: 24
1 April 2018 20:19

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Many writers on the internet fail at delivering consistently good articles, but this writer is not one of them. After reading this article, I am of the opinion that this writer is one of the greatest of our generation. como descargar

Nice work has been done here. I wasn't expecting that from you and it feels great to be proven wrong by you. The information was brilliant here and I just want you to deliver more articles like this. Cheers! pokemon go

• Comments: 1
7 April 2018 14:24

CharlesReisr

• Register: 7.04.2018

• Comments: 24
14 April 2018 14:00

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Sensational work accomplished here by the writer. I am truly pleased now! headphones

• Comments: 24
17 April 2018 17:56

charmingsteen

• Register: 19.01.2018
  • Status: Currently Offlline

It isn't every day that you get to read an experience like this, so I am soaking this in. This will go into my article hall of fame. hp software

• Comments: 101
Yesterday, 14:33

Robinjack

• Register: 11.09.2017
  • Status: Currently Offlline

Thanks, I just found  your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.  After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very  soon!  sarkari naukri

Information
Users of Guests are not allowed to comment this publication.